Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Original Healthy Friction JO Parties in LA

I just came upon the original invite to Healthy Friction, way back when,
It was a fund raiser for ActUp-LA, and the new (at the time) Queer Nation LA,
Here is the invite I handed out to cute guys in travels, either at my FAV Leather Bar at the time,
"The One Way", on Hoover in Silver Lake, or in the many (new to LA) protests, around the "Southland",
in these days ActUp was very sexy, and this was a way for me to promote JO as a Sexy Activity,
and the first one just in time for my Birthday in OCT 1989.

I left these invites on the table for the meetings of ActUp-LA
without telling anyone that was me on the Invite, oh it got talked about, oh so much...
ActUp culture required that we debate and converse whether this fundraiser would get the official endorsement during one of our usual TUE night meetings in West Hollywood Park, where there would be between 35-90 people in attendance. It was amusing to me, My getting to sell the idea of ActUp-LA promoting JO, which of course, is the original "Safe Sex", so of course, they did, but not without having to talk about masturbation for some 20 minutes, (sly grin), I was amused and aroused the entire time.

Later on, the photo I used of myself, from my Chad James film shoots, showed my curved dick, which got a lot of talk in the ActUp-LA gossip pages, also handed out on the table at our weekly meetings.
I loved the way it was argued about whether my dick curved up, down, or left!

Yes, I was the artist and creator of this invite, OCT 1989 edition, the very first Healthy Friction.




                                                                    For more info on Chad James:

                                                              http://chadjamesspeaks.blogspot.com/

                                                              https://groups.google.com/g/chadjames




 

Healthy Friction's google group:

https://groups.google.com/g/healthy-friction 

No comments:

Post a Comment